In This Article
It is quite annoying to get unwanted messages and calls from irritants. This spoils the whole day when it beeps with the annoying texts. Everyone wants to get rid of them to have a sigh of relief throughout the day. But many people don’t know how to block spammy texts and calls.
If you’re one of them, then congratulate me. I mean not forgetting the spam texts but landing the right place. I am giving you a complete guide from where you will get to know the easiest way to block spammy texts.
FYI, spam texts are on the constant rise from the beginning. Each year more than 5 billion unwanted texts flood the numbers in the US only. Hence, companies have made it easier to block them with some taps. But, there are different ways in iPhone and Android to block texts and I am going to share the simplest ways on both major phones.
Block Spammy Texts on Android
Each mobile carrier has proprietary apps on its specific network. If you are an Android user and fed up with the troublesome messages, then first you need to see your phone’s setting and know whether the carrier app is active.
You need to follow the following steps:
- Go to your Android Messages.
- Tap and hold the conversation you want to block. Holding for more than 2 seconds will place a checkmark at the right of the conversation.
- Tap the 3 Vertical Dotted Lines at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Block
By using Google Voice and Google Hangouts as the default texting app, you can also do the same method to block a number. If you want to block messages within the conversation then:
- Tap the 3 dots at the upper right corner.
- Go to People and Options.
- Tap Block.
Block Texts on iPhone
The following methods will block texts, calls, and FaceTime requests of a specific number.
- Go to iMessages.
- Click on the message you want to block.
- Tap on the “i” icon at the top right of your mobile screen.
- Tap the arrow at the right of the contact on the details screen.
- Now click on the Block This Caller.
- When the confirmation screen pops up, tap the Block Contact.
Stay here! This method is only applicable to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X with 10.3.3 or higher versions. If you use the earlier build, the “i” icon at the upper right corner may say Details.
Another easiest way to directly block messages from your contact list is through tapping the contact and follow the above 3-6 steps.
- Go to Messages.
- Tap the messages you want to block.
- Select Details under the “i”
- Select Block Caller at the bottom of the screen.
On the phone set with 10.3.3 or higher versions, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and select Messages.
- Tap on Filter Unknown Senders to turn off notifications from unknown numbers. But, you will still get messages under a new tab named Unknown Senders which will not be shown in notifications.
- To block a number, simply select Blocked.
- Now tap on Add New
- Type the number or mail ID.
- When the confirmation screen pops up, tap on the Block Contact
Call to Service Center
This is another action through which you can block any undesired number from your specific carrier service. For this, you need to check your carrier’s website as each carrier’s website is configured differently. But the comment thing is that you can get tabs under block texts and emails name.
If you still face the problem of navigating to your carrier’s website, then simply make a call to the customer service hotline. They will do this for your good sake. Be happy!
The applications are widely emerging each day. These are helpful in doing work for you. From the bundle of apps, you can get an SMS blocking app that appears in Google Play Store. Similar in build but each app’s functionality is different for which you need to read the description before downloading.
You can block unknown numbers or any specific annoying one with these apps. In order to block a specific number:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Unknown Numbers.
If you wish to block a specific number then follow these steps:
- Choose Contact Number.
- Enter the number in Block List.
These apps also allow you to type a number manually or enter the number in the block list.
I know the pain of getting notified when you can’t even tolerate getting unwanted messages. I hope I shared the full information from my end about how to block spammy texts. Now it’s your turn to block all the heck you don’t want to see anymore and stay free!